December 26, 2009

"Wrapping" up Christmas

Christmas is finally over... phew. I feel like this week has been a whirlwind of business and family. I can't lie and say I didn't enjoy every second of it though. I love being around my family and we definitely know how to party.

There has been a lot going through my head recently... not necessarily about one thing. Mainly about life in general. It's been ridiculously easy to begin to start thinking that this whole life is about me. I mean, that's what we pretty much hear all day long from the media and our friends. But I think the biggest thing I have been really experiencing this holiday season is that... the more I try to think about others, the more love I receive back. And the more love I receive, the more I can give and that makes this whole season a LOT easier to live through.

I used to go through the seasons trying to find something that would fill my time. Whether that's a relationship or a job... nothing would satisfy me. It's embarrassing looking back and seeing how much damage I have caused on other people and on my own heart. I can honestly say that in these last 6 months God totally has reshaped my heart. I no longer want to live my life based on my emotions... because my emotions have lead me to nowhere good. I am having to do a lot of "cleaning up" in my life because of the way I acted. Right now it's hard because its the holidays and I would love to be all lovey dovey but when it really comes down to it... it's not about me. I have honestly had to tell myself to get over myself and enjoy the day. If only someone could be a fly on the wall hahaha, you would definitely get a kick out of my pep talks.

This last year is going to be nearly impossible to beat. But I don't doubt God anymore and His abilities to take me out of the most mundane life and give me the biggest adventure I could only dream of. I had written so many journal entries about how I was bored and needed something else in my life. I would complain to God all the time about my life and how I knew I needed to be doing something "bigger." So of course God heard me and totally took me out of my comfort zone, out of my "world" and put me on the other side of the world. Not even that, He went above and beyond and let me learn how to surf in the number one surfing spot in the world. He KNEW that I have always loved the surfing culture. So not only was I surfing for the first time in my life... I was being taught in the most desired place in the world. God is a good good God.

The fact that He sent part of his OWN self to live in a world that is in attack by Satan. To come in like a infant, completely naked and vulnerable. To live a life with the same temptation and darkness ONLY to die in the end.

Luckily, those who believe know that isn't the end. I believe that He is alive and because of that I can now live a life that is free of debt. The fact that Jesus loves us SO much He would die so we could live with grace... it's something that is so hard to get your head around. Thankfully by the grace of God I have room to make mistakes and learn how to walk with Him.

Christmas is all about remembering how Jesus came... and how loved we are because He came.

0 comments:

Post a Comment